Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stay Tuned...

If you've read Life with Lynnie (LwL) lately, you'll know that my nine (9) year old grandson S, was once again in hospital, dehydrated, with infection, swelling, etc.

Monday, S was once again released from hospital and has been home, since.  Today, my daughter P (S' Mom) let me know that he has been refusing to swallow, eat or drink, anything.  Not even cold juices or ice cream!  To make matters worse, he won't even take his medicine.  Great!  Unless God intervenes soon, I can see S being admitted to hospital, once again.

If you believe in prayer, I would appreciate you praying for S.  Yes, he can be stubborn, but I also know he likes to eat.  So, if he is refusing food and/or beverages, you know he must be hurting fairly badly, still.  Thank you.  May God bless you.

Originally, I was scheduled to attend a real estate meeting, early this morning.  However, between my grandson being hospitalized recently and my business partner/realtor friend C being hospitalized, I decided to not attend and cancelled for both myself and my realtor/partner C.

Even so, I was up early today.  In fact, I'm not sure I slept at all, last night.  I know I laid in bed awake, praying and making every effort to drift off.  But, I don't recall drifting off.

What I was thinking about and praying about is a topic I will have to discuss another time, for it would be too much information, for today's entry.  So, if you're interested, please stay tuned!

Consequently, I am absolutely exhausted, this evening!

Knowing I had a bit of spare time, due to my cancelled meeting, I used my time wisely.  I went to the hospital, not just to visit my realtor partner C, but also to see his roommate.

On Monday, when I originally visited C, his roommate H told me how shocked he was to hear me tell C about how sick my grandson S had been on Saturday, when my daughter P brought him back to the hospital where he had surgery the day before.

H explained he was shocked, because he had been in the Emergency Room (ER) at the same time my grandson S had been there.  In fact, H had been in the bed directly across from S.  He made sure he told me how extremely sick my grandson had been.  Wow!  Talk about a small world!

When I had visited on Monday, I read in John 3, to C.  When I did so, I made sure I spoke loud enough that roomie H could hear.  The passage told of how we all need to be born again.  In addition, I had deliberately brought a New Testament Bible, so I could leave it as a gift to C.

As is normal for me, I had introduced myself to C's roomie H and prayed for healing for him.  This was when H explained to me about having met my daughter and her son, my grandson.

When I left the hospital that day, I knew in my heart I had screwed up.  Had I been on the ball, I would have brought at least one (1) other copy of a New Testament Bible, to give to C's roomie.  Agh...  How silly of me.  I usually do this, but for some reason I just plainly forgot.

No problem!  The solution was to go once again to visit.  Today was the day!

As I entered the healing duo's room, I made sure to hand H the gift I brought him, so I wouldn't forget.  My visit only lasted a few minutes, as I had to head out to another commitment. 

Before I left their room, I sang to these guys who proved to be a captive audience!  :-))

When I looked over at H, I was surprised and felt blessed to see H actually reading the Bible I had given him, only moments before.  Praise God!  Thank You, Jesus!

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: