Saturday, December 11, 2010


Today, I was up early.  Even though I slept well, I awoke tired.  No matter the case, I knew I had to get an early start to the day.

On my way to Devonshire Mall, I did errands.  By the time I arrived at about 10:30 am, it was absolutely packed!

Normally, I would avoid the mall at all costs.  In fact, unless I absolutely have to go there, I just...don't.  Too much walking, crowds and just a general feeling of being too much, keeps me away.

But, today was different.  A few days ago, my co-worker/friend C told me I needed to be there before 11:00 am, today.  Why?  Well, he had heard that just as in Welland, Ontario and in London, England and elsewhere, clips had been posted on Youtube, regarding musical mobs, one was going to happen, here in Windsor.

I wonder if half the city got the same message, for it was an absolute zoo there, today.

For sure, I saw at least a dozen or more (I truly didn't count) Christians I know; some church family, some not.  The food court was the place to be.  A table was not to be found, for they were all taken.  Eventually, I asked a group of three (3) women, if I could sit at the empty seat at their table; they welcomed me.  Praise God!  Thank You, Jesus.

As it turned out, I believe the organizers must have known many had been enlightened, for even though cameras were set up at various locations, a crowd gathered right in front of me.  Singers.  With music.  The Messiah Hallelujah Chorus, was what they sang.  A music director led them. 

After the glorious sound ended, I asked one camera man who was set up next to me, if this was to be recorded and displayed on Youtube, but he told me he didn't know for sure.

Actually, I waited for about an hour afterwards to see if there would actually be a spontaneous performance, but one didn't happen.  Oh yes, my co-worker/friend C, managed to locate me about a half hour after the music finished.  We just chatted while waiting for the spontaneous performance, that we didn't see happen.

Then, it was off for more shopping, errands and deliveries.  I managed to find about 20 minutes by going home in between appointments, to make a few calls I needed to make.

Finally, I made my way to my friend M's home.  She has recently begun doing Epicure home parties, selling spices, etc. and had invited me to attend one at her home today.

When I arrived, I found that in addition to her own Epicure party, she had other friends selling their wares, along side of her.  Almost like an open house for home party sales.  There was a magnet person, a nutrition person and a neighbour of mine, who lives in my apartment building, who sells jewelry.

Well, what's a girl to do?  Since I already take the world's best nutritional supplement and don't want anything to do with magnets, I decided I should support my neighbour and my friend, so I bought a pin from my jewelry neighbour/friend and ordered some Epicure products from my friend M.

I felt like I shopped til I dropped, but still had more errands to do, so off I went.  I finished up in time to go downtown to pick up friends B and L, whose husband recently died.  Our mutual friend J had invited us all for dinner.

Poor J.  By the time I got us all to her home, I was already exhausted.  I was absolutely thrilled that we had previously agreed for me to bring our friends and she would take them home, for I was absolutely done in.

Our dinner was spectacular, if I can say that word to describe a meal.  Hallelujah!  Delicious!  Thank you, J.  You are such a good friend and a blessing to not just me, but others, too.  May God bless you, always.

After dinner, L decided to relax in the livingroom and watch a DVD about Thomas Kinkade artwork.  B brought his Chess game with him.  At first, I thought to myself, Oh good!  Something to wake me up and even commented that it had been years since I had played Chess!

B quickly reminded me that he was setting up the game for only he and J to play.  It was suggested I watch the DVD of artwork. 

Watching an hour long presentation about artwork truly was not my cup of tea.  Coupled with the fact that if I went into the livingroom to watch this DVD and got comfy, I knew I'd fall asleep, for I was absolutely wiped out, I decided I should just head home.

Hopefully, my friend J is not upset with me for leaving early.  Hopefully, she will forgive me. 

I arrived home, got into a relaxed mode and began writing this entry.  Now, I'll post it and probably head to bed for an early night. 

Yes, you heard correctly.  An early night.  I've had several of these, lately.  Hopefully, I'll awaken refreshed to celebrate my Lord's day.

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: