Sunday, October 3, 2010

Busy Anniversary...

It seems no matter what I do, I just cannot seem to get a decent sleep, unless I'm ready to collapse.  Last night was no different.  I was awake for hours, tossing and turning all night, it seemed.  Hmmm...that sounds like a song to me! :-))

When I signed off yesterday, I hadn't yet told you about my Friday or anything about my weekend.  As you know, I worked until after 10:30 pm, Thursday evening, at home, preparing for my meeting with out-of-town clients.  Then, I received an e-mail from one of my sellers, who were hoping to meet Friday, as the husband has been transferred to Ottawa area.

Friday morning came early after a short night's sleep.  In order to meet with my sellers later in the day, I had to update some of my work, through the computer, so I was up extra early.

By 9:30 am, I was at a local motel, where I met my Realtor parter/friend C and our clients.  Our clients were from the Toronto suburban area.  Actually, one sister had made the initial contact, because she had seen the site I advertised in yesterday's entry: and had told her sister and brother-in-law about the info.  All had agreed to check out our neck of the woods, as they are beginning to prepare for retirement.

We began our tour in Windsor, showing them not only places of interest, gardens and housing styles, but continued on through LaSalle, Amherstburg, Harrow, Kingsville, Leamington (where we stopped for lunch), Essex, Puce, Belle River, Tecumseh and back through the rest of Windsor.  It was a long day for sure, especially for me, who did all the driving!

Since our route was not what anyone could consider a direct route, I'm sure over the course of seven (7) or more hours driving time, you can imagine that I drove a lot of kilometers!  Physically, I was done in, but God helped me.  Thank You, Lord!

Our clients had plans for the evening, so I was glad we got them back to their motel just after 5:00 pm, as planned.  I made sure we left them info about our area.  We agreed to keep in touch, for it truly was a lot to absorb.  All in all, they seemed happy with what they saw and found our area to be even nicer than they anticipated.  Praise God!  Thank You, Jesus!

As I mentioned, it was time to see my sellers, so off I went.  We had a good meeting and since the meeting was shorter than I anticipated, I found I had time to go home, get changed and head out to Tim Horton's for Christian Singles' Cafe.

Actually, I was glad that C talked me into going to Timmie's, because I actually thought I would just go home, since my heart and mind had been thinking about how Gordon had collapsed Oct. 1st, 2009, one year ago, from last Friday.  What a tragic anniversary to recall.  Heartbreaking.

I must admit, getting together with friends did lift me up and encourage me.  Most there, didn't even know or recall the tragedy of Gordon's collapse.  I was glad, for I really didn't need anyone talking to me about it.  I am also thankful God kept me busy Friday, because I didn't have much time to dwell on my heartbreak.

God always provides, just as He promised.  What would I do without You?  What would we do without You? 

Until next time...

If you would like to comment, please e-mail: