Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Beyond Belief!

Today was one of the best days I've had since Gordon died. It was a busy, but wonderful time and I was certainly grateful that I was able to walk better, today. Not perfect, but much easier and less painful than in the last couple of weeks. Praise God!

This morning, I met with my daughter, P. We shared breakfast and of course, we shopped! Isn't that what mom's and daughter's do best?! P showed me an ultrasound of my daughter, B's unborn child; actually, it looks like there may be twins! I just pray that God blesses B with good health, an easy delivery and (a) healthy child(ren). She's not due until late in April, but she's huge, already. In fact, she's about double the size, when compared to her pregnancies when her four sons were born. Time will tell.

Later, I met with my friend L, who lives near to my daughter, P. She told me she was going to e-mail me and ask when I would be able to visit, because it had been a while. We enjoyed a lovely time of fellowship, along with L's husband, J. They taught me a new game: Quiddler. While I had never heard of this card game, I was pleasantly surprised to find it was fun and interesting, even if I did finish in last place!

My friend M, who is still recovering from her breast surgery was waiting, so I headed on over to her home. We never seem to find enough time to yak, but with her off work and me spending the day for myself, we had a good chin wag! She's feeling and seems much better than I thought she would. Hopefully, God will provide her with a speedy and full recovery, with no further need of more treatment or surgery; we are trusting You, for this, Lord.

Yes, it seems I made the 'rounds', today. While I had intended to go to the cemetary, I found I didn't have time in my busy schedule. I rushed home, got some veggies ready and headed out to have dinner at the home of my friends J & W.

Another couple J & E, who is also church family, joined us, so there was five of us at the table. Yesterday, I had written about how I was concerned that I would feel out of place or uncomfortable, because Gordon was not with us. But, the concern was for naught, because both couples made me feel right at home. I suppose this is just what good friends do.

We feasted on a scrumptious meal of roasted pork loin that J & W made, along with all the trimmings, including homemade applesauce and finished up with E's homemade apple pie (sugarless, believe it or not) and frozen vanilla yogurt for dessert. Delicious!

J & W surprised us by bringing out a pile of well-used playing cards that was the equivalent of three decks of cards. It was easy to tell they had previously played the card game: Golf. J & E had played once before, a long time ago, but I had never played this card game. I think it's the kind of game that is better with a group like we had, tonight. Although I wasn't the winner, I didn't place last, either! Boy, did we have fun!

Playing Golf gave us time to chat about life. We shared problems, discussed situations and prayed together, before heading for home.

It was a wonderful day, that I think was just what the doctor ordered. Thank you, Lord!

How one person can feel so very blessed is beyond me, but I feel exactly that way, today. After having so much pain, suffering and sorrow, this is truly the first day that I can say I had a 'good' day since Gordon died; it would have been better if he had been with me, but I can honestly say that under the circumstances, I could not have felt better, both physically and emotionally. Praise God! Thank You, Jesus!

Of course, no matter how blessed I feel, it's still late and I still have to get some rest, so I'll say 'goodnight'.

Until next time...